Yoga and Backcountry Skiing: Same Same...
10 Reasons Why I love Backcountry Skiing & Yoga
...and how they are similar.
Today I got re-inspired. How? By going outside. Getting on snow, walking up the mountain on my skis and reconnecting to everything that is important. Being Present.
I know this to be the pill for me, but somehow work always seems to get in the way. On my skis today, I realized how much backcountry skiing is like yoga. (Sub out the word backcountry skiing for your favorite activity here).
The Top Ten Reasons I love Yoga and Backcountry Skiing?
- Gets me back in my body!
- Sparks my creativity!
- Gets me out of my head!
- Allows me to tap into my inner teacher/Inner voice.
- When you get done, your body feels worked in a good way.
- I get to listen to inspiring music.
- The whoosh from powder skiing is like the effect of a well sequenced flow: you feel on top of the world... alive, energized and fully present.
- You get to share the experience with friends. And if you didn’t know them before, the shared experience creates a connection.
- It keeps me honest.
- Post activity food/beverages taste really good.
Get outside. It will do wonders for your attitude and will bring you back to you.